East Oakview’s Second Annual Walk-a-thon is Friday, October 7 from 9:15am-1:30am at the Northview High School Track. This is our primary fundraiser for the year and our goal is to raise $20,000! This is high but not impossible if everyone gets involved. Here is what you need to know and what you can do to help:
- If we meet our goal of $20,000, Mr. Scogg will prove he can work anywhere and move his desk to the school roof for a day! 100% of funds raised will be put into the school in ways that benefit all students!
- Individual prizes for students who collect donations include:
- Raise $10, Earn a walk-a-thon T-SHIRT (our goal is for every child to earn a shirt)
- Raise $25, Earn a DRAWSTRING BACKPACK and t-shirt
- Raise $50, Earn an ICE CREAM SOCIAL with Mr. Scogg plus above items
- Raise $100, Earn entry into a drawing for awesome GIFT CARDS to local merchants plus above items
- Raise $200+, Earn LIMO RIDE with Mr. Scogg for a treat plus above items
- The top earning classroom will win a PIZZA PARTY with Mr. Scogg!
- Donations are due to East Oakview by Thursday, October 6!
- WE NEED VOLUNTEERS! Go to www.signupgenius.com, click on “Find a Sign Up” and enter email@example.com to find volunteer opportunities.
- Drive for the Kids, presented by Chrysler, will be offered again this year thanks to our partnership with VanAndel & Flikkema. During the Walk-a-thon, you can take a short test drive in a new 2016 Chrysler 200, Chrysler 300 or Pacifica. Complete a brief survey about your experience and your test drive will earn $10 for our school, compliments of the Chrysler brand. Our goal is get 200 people to test drive a car! The Chrysler Welcome Tent will be next to the high school track from 10:00am-1:00pm. This will be a no-sales-pressure environment! Bring friends and family because the classroom that gets the most test drivers will win a cookie and milk party with Mr. Scogg!
- Who doesn’t love a Pie in the Face?! East Oakview staff will do anything for our kids and this just proves it! Send in $1.00 for a vote for ANY East Oakview staff member that you would like to see get a pie in the face at the Walk-a-thon. Vote as many times as you want! Submit your dollars and votes by Thursday, October 6.
- Last year we had a beautiful day and the students had a blast! Let’s do it again!
Here are all the dates you need to have the most fun this school year and give the most support to East Oakview. We all know we have an exceptional school and what makes it so special is our community of families, teachers and supporters. Our annual Walk-a-thon is intended to be our primary fundraiser for the year but we like to have fun all year long. By adding a small fundraising component to our other events throughout the year, we had an extremely successful 2015-2016 school year which made it possible to fulfill several teacher grants and provide support to projects and programs throughout the school, in addition to several new items on our playground. We found immense joy in bringing our community together throughout the year so please come to or participate in any or all of the following events:
Events for the 2016-2017 School Year:
- Monthly restaurant fundraisers – see the flyers that come home in the Wednesday folders and check out our Facebook page!
- October Restaurant Fundraiser at the Score – October 4, 5pm-10pm
- Walk-a-thon – October 7, 9:00am-1:30pm (Northview High School Track)
- Halloween Boogie Nights – October 28
- Santa Shop – December 12-15
- Art Auction/Free Spaghetti Dinner – January 26
- Sledding Party – TBS (first good snow)
- Book Bingo – March 22
- Carnival – April 22
- Movie Nights (3) – TBA
PTC Meetings for the 2016-2017 School Year:
- Wednesdays – October 12, November 9, Skip December, January 17, February 15, March 15, Skip April, May 10
- All meetings are in the East Oakview Library from 6:30-7:30pm. Childcare and snacks are provided!
Popcorn Fridays for the 2016-2017 School Year:
- Fridays – September 30, October 21, November 18, December 16, January 20, February 17, March 17, April 21, May 19
- $0.50 per bag or $1.00 for 3 bags. During the month of September you can order for the year. Just send your money in to your teacher, clearly marked for popcorn.
- What a great turn-out! 30 parents! Thank you for the enthusiastic interest and support!
- See our post about the Walk-a-thon and decide how you want to get involved – you can help get sponsors, collect donations, volunteer for the event, spread the word about the Drive for the Kids event happening at the Walk-a-thon.
- See our posts about upcoming dates for events, PTC meetings and Popcorn Days.
- Free money is so easy to earn to support East Oakview – please collect those Box Tops and send them in and sign up to snap receipts on Shoparoo. Ask a board member if you have any questions about Shoparoo! The directory will be revised and sent out via email in October. There is a small cost if you want a hard copy.
- Please contact a board member if you would like to see a copy of our working budget for the 2016-2017 year.
- We need volunteers! Please sign up to be a volunteer for upcoming and ongoing events such as:
- Box Tops – we need a parent volunteer for each class to organize and count.
- Fall Mileage Club – Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays in October
- Halloween Boogie Nights
- Popcorn Fridays
- To sign up – go to www.signupgenius.com, click on “Find a Sign Up” and enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please come to our next PTC Meeting on October 12 from 6:30-7:30pm in the East Oakview Library. Childcare and snacks are provided!
Chase is a 6 year old boy who attends East Oakview. He is battling his 3rd relapse of Leukemia (AML) and we are raising money for him and his family. We are hosting a
Friday, April 29th
at East Oakview Elementary
Cost: ANY donation
100% of money donated will go directly to Chase and his family!
If you are unable to attend and would like to support Chase follow the link
to his GoFundMe page https://www.gofundme.com/phmsffdr
This little buddy has fought too hard to lose this battle…
Please continue to keep him in your thoughts.
The NEF is working to help the 3 elementary schools win $5,000 through the Old National Bank “Choose Your Charity Giveaway”. Please help us win by visiting any Old National Bank and cast a vote for the NEF. Old National Bank will give away $5,000 to the charity with the most votes at each branch! You can vote once a day and you don’t have to be an Old National Client to vote. Voting ends February 26th so stop today and vote for us! This money will be split between the Northview Elementaries to purchase new playground equipment.
Please save the following dates for exciting events that are coming in the next several weeks! You don’t want to miss it! Don’t forget to sign up to volunteer!!
March 3 – Restaurant Fundraiser at The Score
March 5 – Jump Rope for the Heart at Highlands Middle School
March 15 – March PTC Meeting – East Oakview Library – 6:30-7:30pm
March 18 – Movie Night – 6:00-8:00pm
March 18 – Popcorn Day!!
March 23 – Book Bingo – East Oakview
April 16 – School Carnival
Our next popcorn day is Friday, February 19!
Only 25 cents per bag!!
February 16th from 6:30-7:30 pm!! Please join us for the monthly PTC meeting at East Oakview! Free babysitting will be in the gym while the meeting takes place in the library. Light snacks will be provided and everyone will be entered in a raffle for a gift card. Bring a friend and bring your ideas! We look forward to seeing you there!
East Oakview Elementary Gym
Come and enjoy an evening of dance, games, snacks, a costume contest, and fall fun at the second annual Boogie Nights! Drop off your kids, age K-4, or come along and join them!
$5.00 per person