Turn imagination into real life!
A chance to check out fire engines, police cars, ambulances, race cars and more!
There will even be live music performed by some all kid rock bands!
FREE Family Event!
Date: Saturday, October 24, 2015
Time: 10:00am to 1:00pm
Location: West Oakview Elementary
Address: 3880 Stuyvesant Ave. NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
October 20th from 6:30-7:30 pm!! Please join us for the monthly PTC meeting at East Oakview! Free babysitting will be in the gym while the meeting takes place in the library. Light snacks will be provided and everyone will be entered in a raffle for a gift card. Bring a friend and bring your ideas! We look forward to seeing you there!
What a fantastic day for the first annual East Oakview Walk-A-Thon! The kids, staff, volunteers and supporters had so much fun. While it was a chilly day, the rain stayed away and the sun couldn’t help but shine down for a little while on the rainbow of children that were running, walking, skipping and dancing around the track at Northview High School!
Targeted to be the East Oakview PTC’s main fundraiser for the year, over $12,000 was raised. The donations collected as of Friday, October 16 totaled $11,350.25! It is not too late to turn in your donations – please send them in this week so we can update this total!
Special thanks to VanAndel & Flikkema for bringing the Chrysler Drive for the Kids fundraiser to the walk-a-thon! This helped raise an extra $1,130 for East Oakview. Thank you to everyone who took the time to take a quick test drive and further support this event!
This entire event illustrates what can happen when a community comes together to support its children. It truly does take a village to raise a child and the Northview community should be proud of this amazing accomplishment. The PTC has a lot of work ahead to stretch every dollar to its fullest potential, providing the best benefit possible to the East Oakview students, families, teachers and staff!
Thank you to the East Oakview Elementary Community for such a successful event!
DRIVE FOR THE KIDS® IS COMING TO EAST OAKVIEW!
On October 16th, from 9:00am to 1:00pm, VanAndel & Flikkema will bring the Chrysler’s Drive for the Kids fundraiser to our First Annual Walk-A-Thon to help us raise money for our students! Event will take place at the High School Football Field.
It’s fun! It’s easy! Look for the Chrysler Welcome Tent.
Here’s how it works: Licensed drivers, age 18 and over, can take a short test drive in an award-winning Town & Country minivan and earn $10 for the school from the Chrysler brand (one donation per test driver). Everyone is invited to join in the fun. All you need is a valid driver’s license, a simple blow stick breathalyzer test and 5 minutes!
Just take a few minutes to check out the latest in automotive innovations and “talk cars” with the knowledgeable volunteers from VanAndel & Flikkema. Test the comfort, safety, and driving features of the Chrysler brand lineup of vehicles for yourself! We hope you will support this project, and help us put the fundraising goal over the top for East Oakview Elementary School.
Lots of other fun activities are planned for the day during the first annual East Oakview Walk-a-thon!
East Oakview Walk-A-Thon
HEY WILDCAT FAMILY! Get your walking shoes on and join us…
for the FIRST ANNUAL East Oakview Walk-A-Thon!
Friday, October 16 at 9:15am-1:00pm
at the High School Football Stadium
(Rain Date: Friday, October 23)
9:15am – 9:45am
Warm up, National Anthem, Wildcat Fight Song
9:45am – 11:30am
Walk, games and fun activities for the whole school
Lunch and face painting
School photo, Pie in the Face & PEP Rally
Students gather belongings and head to buses
NOTES to ADULTS:
Please meet children at the High School Football Field, NOT at school.
Please test drive a vehicle during the walk-a-thon
(you need a valid driver’s license, blow on a blow stick
breathalyzer and answer a 4 questions survey)
We earn $10.00 per drive!
Invite family and friends to drive a vehicle!
Feel free to have lunch with your child.
We will have reuseable water bottles for sale for $5.00 a bottle
Make sure to dress your child appropriately for the weather conditions,
we will be outside all morning from 9:15am-1:00pm
This will be our only fundraiser of the year if we are able to meet our goal!
Please help your child raise funds for East Oakview!
Money is due by Friday October 16, 2015
Please contact East Oakview PTC at: email@example.com
WEDNESDAY | October 14th
4-9 PM | DINE-IN OR CARRY-OUT
25% OF SALES WILL BENEFIT THE EAST OAKVIEW PTC
NOODLES & CO | 616.361.2600 | www.noodles.com
GRAND RAPIDS – EAST BELTLINE, NORTH OF KNAPP
A note from Noodles & Co.: East Oakview will earn 25% of sales that night. As an added bonus with our benefits this year, if 50 or more of your guests can show us that they have downloaded the Noodles and Company app on their smartphone you will get an additional 5% of sales added to your total, meaning you earn 30% of the sales from 4-9pm!
The PTC will have volunteers at Noodles & Co. handing out flyers! Please come out for a delicious dinner and support your community! WE ARE NORTHVIEW!!!
HEY WILDCATS! Get your walking shoes on…
It’s time for the FIRST ANNUAL East Oakview Walk-A-Thon!
Friday, October 16
High School Stadium
(Rain Date: Friday, October 23)
The Walk-A-Thon is an opportunity to have fun at school with friends and teachers, to get moving and make this a GREAT year for East Oakview! 100% of the funds raised by student will go directly to the Parent Teacher Council (PTC) to benefit our students. This year, the PTC will help fund field trips, author visits and invest in other student enrichment and educational activities. It is also our goal to update the playground equipment on both playgrounds! Some items we hope to purchase include:
- Swings for both playgrounds
- A new play structure for the 3rd/4th grade playground
- Tables in the courtyard by the library
- Soccer goals (4)
- Buddy benches (2 additional)
- Octaball pit.
WHEN IS THE WALK-A-THON?
The Walk-A-Thon will take place during school hours on Friday, October 16 at the High School Stadium. Participation is free and students will walk, with their classmates, in the morning. Students will be bussed from East Oakview to the High School Stadium at 9:00am. Families are welcome, and encouraged, to come and join in with the Wildcat walkers throughout the event.
WHY A WALK-A-THON?
Our goal is to raise $20,000! That is a BIG number, but with your support, our Wildcats can achieve anything! In fact, if each student is able to meet the challenge of collecting $50 in pledges, we will have achieved our fundraising goal for the entire 2015-2016 school year! For more information about the financial assistance that the PTC provides to East Oakview, please contact a PTC Board Member at firstname.lastname@example.org. 100% of donations will be used to add value to the East Oakview community!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The process is simple! Using the attached SPONSOR FORM, students will ask their friends and family to sponsor them as they participate in the 2015 East Oakview Walk-A-Thon.
- Sponsorship is a single donation and not based on laps or minutes walked.
- Sponsors may be family members, family friends, parents co-workers or business associates. Please do not go door-to-door unless you have an adult with you.
- Cash or checks are accepted. Please make checks payable to East Oakview PTC.
- Because East Oakview PTC is a non-profit organization, all donations are tax-deductible. Please provide each Sponsor with one of the attached receipts.
- Please return Sponsor Form and donations to school by Thursday, October 15.
- Additional forms are available on our website at eastoakviewptc.org and available in the school office.
STEPS TO TAKE
- Set a personal goal for yourself! We encourage you to aim for a minimum of $50.
- When you ask someone to sponsor you, tell them who you are and that you are raising money for your school. You might say:
- “My name is ______, and I go to school at East Oakview Elementary. I am raising money for my school by participating in a Walk-A-Thon on Friday, October 16. Would you like to sponsor me?”
A few items you may want to share with your sponsors:
- The sponsorship is a single donation, not based on laps or minutes walked.
- Their donation is tax-deductible.
- The donations are due the day before the Walk-A-Thon, Thursday, October 15.
- Cash and check are accepted.
- Please make checks payable to East Oakview PTC.
- Have your sponsor fill in their name, contact information and donation amount on your Sponsor Form. Please offer a receipt for tax purposes.
- Invite your sponsors to come watch and cheer for you during the event on the morning of Friday, October 16! Please remember to say THANK YOU!
- Collect $10.00 plus = Win a T-shirt!
- Collect $25.00 plus = Win a Water Bottle plus a T-Shirt!
- Collect $50.00 plus = Win an Ice Cream Social with Principal Skogg plus a T-shirt and Water bottle!
- Collect $100.00 plus = Win a chance to win a drawing for various gift cards from local businesses plus Ice Cream Social, Water Bottle and T-shirt.
- Collect $200.00 plus = Top 8 Collectors of $200.00 or more get a LIMO RIDE with Mr. Scogg for a treat, plus the Drawing, Ice Cream Social, Water Bottle and T-shirt.
- TOP CLASSROOM = Top classroom collection gets a PIZZA PARTY with Mr. Scogg.
DAY OF THE EVENT
Please dress appropriately for the weather; we will be walking, even if it’s cloudy and cold. We’ll have plenty of water for walkers and volunteers.
Please contact a member of the PTC Board at email@example.com. Thank you!