HEY WILDCATS! Get your walking shoes on…
It’s time for the FIRST ANNUAL East Oakview Walk-A-Thon!
Friday, October 16
High School Stadium
(Rain Date: Friday, October 23)
The Walk-A-Thon is an opportunity to have fun at school with friends and teachers, to get moving and make this a GREAT year for East Oakview! 100% of the funds raised by student will go directly to the Parent Teacher Council (PTC) to benefit our students. This year, the PTC will help fund field trips, author visits and invest in other student enrichment and educational activities. It is also our goal to update the playground equipment on both playgrounds! Some items we hope to purchase include:
- Swings for both playgrounds
- A new play structure for the 3rd/4th grade playground
- Tables in the courtyard by the library
- Soccer goals (4)
- Buddy benches (2 additional)
- Octaball pit.
WHEN IS THE WALK-A-THON?
The Walk-A-Thon will take place during school hours on Friday, October 16 at the High School Stadium. Participation is free and students will walk, with their classmates, in the morning. Students will be bussed from East Oakview to the High School Stadium at 9:00am. Families are welcome, and encouraged, to come and join in with the Wildcat walkers throughout the event.
WHY A WALK-A-THON?
Our goal is to raise $20,000! That is a BIG number, but with your support, our Wildcats can achieve anything! In fact, if each student is able to meet the challenge of collecting $50 in pledges, we will have achieved our fundraising goal for the entire 2015-2016 school year! For more information about the financial assistance that the PTC provides to East Oakview, please contact a PTC Board Member at email@example.com. 100% of donations will be used to add value to the East Oakview community!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The process is simple! Using the attached SPONSOR FORM, students will ask their friends and family to sponsor them as they participate in the 2015 East Oakview Walk-A-Thon.
- Sponsorship is a single donation and not based on laps or minutes walked.
- Sponsors may be family members, family friends, parents co-workers or business associates. Please do not go door-to-door unless you have an adult with you.
- Cash or checks are accepted. Please make checks payable to East Oakview PTC.
- Because East Oakview PTC is a non-profit organization, all donations are tax-deductible. Please provide each Sponsor with one of the attached receipts.
- Please return Sponsor Form and donations to school by Thursday, October 15.
- Additional forms are available on our website at eastoakviewptc.org and available in the school office.
STEPS TO TAKE
- Set a personal goal for yourself! We encourage you to aim for a minimum of $50.
- When you ask someone to sponsor you, tell them who you are and that you are raising money for your school. You might say:
- “My name is ______, and I go to school at East Oakview Elementary. I am raising money for my school by participating in a Walk-A-Thon on Friday, October 16. Would you like to sponsor me?”
A few items you may want to share with your sponsors:
- The sponsorship is a single donation, not based on laps or minutes walked.
- Their donation is tax-deductible.
- The donations are due the day before the Walk-A-Thon, Thursday, October 15.
- Cash and check are accepted.
- Please make checks payable to East Oakview PTC.
- Have your sponsor fill in their name, contact information and donation amount on your Sponsor Form. Please offer a receipt for tax purposes.
- Invite your sponsors to come watch and cheer for you during the event on the morning of Friday, October 16! Please remember to say THANK YOU!
- Collect $10.00 plus = Win a T-shirt!
- Collect $25.00 plus = Win a Water Bottle plus a T-Shirt!
- Collect $50.00 plus = Win an Ice Cream Social with Principal Skogg plus a T-shirt and Water bottle!
- Collect $100.00 plus = Win a chance to win a drawing for various gift cards from local businesses plus Ice Cream Social, Water Bottle and T-shirt.
- Collect $200.00 plus = Top 8 Collectors of $200.00 or more get a LIMO RIDE with Mr. Scogg for a treat, plus the Drawing, Ice Cream Social, Water Bottle and T-shirt.
- TOP CLASSROOM = Top classroom collection gets a PIZZA PARTY with Mr. Scogg.
DAY OF THE EVENT
Please dress appropriately for the weather; we will be walking, even if it’s cloudy and cold. We’ll have plenty of water for walkers and volunteers.
Please contact a member of the PTC Board at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!